Skip to main content

Charlie, Who?

My five year old girl started school this July for the first time. I have to say I was more existed about her starting school than her. I still remember my first day going to school, I was so upset that I am leaving my pre-school class and moving to a place where I know no one. I even cried and refused to go, but after the first day everything went fine. This is why I was so interested to see my little girl reaction to leaving her pre-school and moving to a real school.

I picked up her up the first day, teacher did not have anything to report, my kid was not crying, so I assumed everything went fine. I was so wrong. The second day the picture was different, she was not crying but she was upset, the usual smile on her face was not there. When I asked her what is wrong? she said she was sent to the cloud!!! I did not understand what she was referring to, and whether this is good or bad thing? she also kept saying that a boy has been mean to her, he would not let Charlie go home with her! Charlie? who is Charlie? My daughter speaks so fast that I sometime do not understand what is she saying!

When I picked her up on the third day of her first week in school she was again upset. The teacher explained to me that she is upset because she would not take Charlie with her home. I could not pretend anymore that I know who's the hell is Charlie! so asked the teacher, "Who is Charlie? she was upset the other day and kept blaming herself for Charlie not going home with her, Who is Charlie?"

The teacher finally explain it to me. Charlie is a teddy bear which goes home with kid who behaved the most in class and have a sleep over. The thing has a diary where parents write down how the sleep over was and pass it from one kid to another. And if you misbehave in the class not only you would not be taking Charlie for sleep over, you get to spent time under the clouds in the class, which is a spot where teacher send naughty kids. I picked her up on the fourth day of her first week, I became obsessed with Charlie, looking out if my kid will come out carrying Charlie or not. unfortunately she came out empty handed, and upset as usual, I told her that she is a good girl and one day she will bring Charlie home for a sleep over.

On Friday, her last day of her first week, I did not pick her up, my wife did. My daughter was so good today so she get to bring Charlie home and keeping for the whole weekend. She was so happy, taking him with her everywhere including the toilet. I took the following picture so we can write in Charlie's diary book.


Since that week, whenever she return from school, I ask her was she sent to the clouds today? she tells me she is good girl, but that kid was sent today because he was talking during class, or that girl was sent gain to the cloud because she drew on the class walls. I kept asking her about the cloud daily, I even started to predict who is being naughty today. Kids and their little adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Sudanese and I have the DNA to prove it!!!

People keep asking me why I did it? I did it for one reason,  Knowledge. In Sudan we always ask the question of who we are and where did we come from?! So I did send my Saliva for DNA testing . The service provide you information in regard to your health and ancestry. The service is called 23andme.com , you can check the website if you are looking for more information or explanation of what am about to say, they have nice videos. You will notice from the graph the DNA analysis concluded I am half north african  and the rest, or most of it,  is Sub- Saharan African .  I have no doubt this represent most of North Sudanese with different percentages for each one. It basically showed that my Y chromosome did come from North aftrica, you get your Y chromosome from your father who in turn got it from my Grandfather and so on. My my Mitochondria, which the organism that provide energy to most cells int he body, was handed to me from from my mother, and she in turn got it from her mo

Girifna!

  I know everyone now is concerned with referendum and likely separation of south Sudan but let us go back to the election period and have a look on this video. Recently there has been this movement called “Girifna” which in Arabic means “we are fed up”, I know it sounds strange that one world translate into three worlds in English. Since the aftermath of the election the movement seems to be getting weaker and lost momentum! i guess it was inspired by arising hope of change and the possibility  that there will be a new face for Sudan politics, but the hope was shattered by the announcement of Bashir victory.  Did anyone hear anything since that time about Girifna? you can find them at http://www.girifna.com/ Sudanese Elections: Music & the Vote with NasJota and Girifna from Michal Shapiro on Vimeo . Girifna Related articles by Zemanta Activists, Journalists Increasingly Threatened in Sudan (humanrights.change.org) Sudan suspends BBC Arabic radi

No Comment!

LiveJournal Tags: Sudan , NCP , South , Darfur , BlueNile , East , Kordofan