Skip to main content

Egypt crisis impact on Sudan

Despite the fact that I did not like President Mursi at all I thought it would a good chance to expose the Brotherhood for the people to see but what happened in Egypt has no description but a military coup! I know Mursi abused the power of his office specially when there was no legislative power to oppose him or keep him in check and even if there was one most likely it will be dominated by his own party! 

what happened in Egypt is short term gain for long term loss. I have always been an advocate  for letting  Political Islamist to reach power via election and let them role and experience the burdens of governing people, that is the best way to expose their empty promises and their hypocrisy. In addition it prevent them from taking the violent rout to reach power when they see it is a fair game and the people are the ones who decided who is staying in power and who is leaving. 
I hope the leadership of the Muslim brotherhood are wise enough to control their membership and accept defeat and go back to the drawing board and evaluate what went wrong. Do not write them off yet, most likely they will win a reasonable quota of any coming parliament as long as it is free and fair.

This impact Sudan quite significant! NCP and Bashir saw in Mursi a window of hope and an ally for them against ICC and a way out of their isolation. They were quite cautious in commenting about events in Egypt but you can feel the disappointment in their faces. This is not a good thing for Sudan. many commentator on the Sudan and in fact some Islamists did refer to Egypt Muslim Brotherhood experiment as  an example of how if you are patient and invested at the level of the grass root and in Democracy you will eventually reach your goal but I am sure now they will stick to their guns and be more aggressive dealing with civil society! they will say no benefit in going the deåmocracy rout becuse it never pays out and you will be forced out by force. 

I hope things in Egypt seatle down quickly in terms of an elected civilian government as soon as possible.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Sudanese and I have the DNA to prove it!!!

People keep asking me why I did it? I did it for one reason,  Knowledge. In Sudan we always ask the question of who we are and where did we come from?! So I did send my Saliva for DNA testing . The service provide you information in regard to your health and ancestry. The service is called 23andme.com , you can check the website if you are looking for more information or explanation of what am about to say, they have nice videos. You will notice from the graph the DNA analysis concluded I am half north african  and the rest, or most of it,  is Sub- Saharan African .  I have no doubt this represent most of North Sudanese with different percentages for each one. It basically showed that my Y chromosome did come from North aftrica, you get your Y chromosome from your father who in turn got it from my Grandfather and so on. My my Mitochondria, which the organism that provide energy to most cells int he body, was handed to me from from my mother, and she in turn got it from her mo

Girifna!

  I know everyone now is concerned with referendum and likely separation of south Sudan but let us go back to the election period and have a look on this video. Recently there has been this movement called “Girifna” which in Arabic means “we are fed up”, I know it sounds strange that one world translate into three worlds in English. Since the aftermath of the election the movement seems to be getting weaker and lost momentum! i guess it was inspired by arising hope of change and the possibility  that there will be a new face for Sudan politics, but the hope was shattered by the announcement of Bashir victory.  Did anyone hear anything since that time about Girifna? you can find them at http://www.girifna.com/ Sudanese Elections: Music & the Vote with NasJota and Girifna from Michal Shapiro on Vimeo . Girifna Related articles by Zemanta Activists, Journalists Increasingly Threatened in Sudan (humanrights.change.org) Sudan suspends BBC Arabic radi

No Comment!

LiveJournal Tags: Sudan , NCP , South , Darfur , BlueNile , East , Kordofan